Special Event FAQs
Do you have questions about planning your wedding or special event?Don’t worry we’re here to help.We hope these frequently asked questions will help answer some questions of your own. Planning a wedding or special event can be difficult, especially if this is your first time at Camp Letts. Below is a list of common questions received regarding weddings and special events.
What is the facility rental fee to host my event at Camp Letts?
The facility rental fee for Camp Letts’ Dining Hall is $5,000.
What is included in the facility rental fee?
The facility rental fee includes:
- Exclusive use of the Dining Hall from 11:00am-11:00pm on the day of your event.
- Use of twenty eight (28) 6’ round tables, twenty (20) 8’ rectangular tables, 300 brown cafeteria-style chairs.
- A one (1) time set up of Camp Letts’ tables and chairs. Set up of any rented or client- provided equipment, décor, or tables and chairs is the responsibility of the client.
Does Camp Letts host exclusive Dining Hall rentals on Saturdays?
Camp Letts offers exclusive-use rentals of the Dining Hall on Sundays-only during the fall, winter and spring months. Saturday rentals are available during the summer months only.
What items may we need to rent from an outside vendor?
The basic items you may need to rent from an outside vendor are:
- Linens for round dinner tables
- Linens for buffet tables
- Camp Letts has both round and rectangular tables available for no additional fee.
- Chairs/Chair covers, Camp Letts can provide stackable cafeteria-style chairs. All other types of chairs or chair covers will need to be provided by the client.
Am I required to use Camp Letts’ catering services?
No. Special events held in the Dining Hall are not required to use Camp Letts’ catering services. Camp Letts does offers a variety of menu options for any budget if you would like to use our catering services. All Camp Letts meals are done buffet-style.
Is there an additional fee to use an outside catering services?
No, there is no additional fee to use an outside catering service.
Does Camp Letts provide wait staff for serving food? If so, how many?
Camp Letts can provide up to 3 servers/bussers to tend the buffet tables.
What will the duties of the servers include?
The duties of Camp Letts, servers include:
- Once you are done decorating the tables Camp Letts staff will place silverware and water pitchers on each table. Please know that Camp Letts servers do not decorate the tables.
- Servers will set up the food buffets with all food items and plates. They will also maintain the food buffets throughout the meal.
- Servers remove plates and silverware from the tables after the meal is served. If possible we will assist with removal of glasses, bottles, and other used items from the tables. It is the client’s responsibility to remove linens and decorations and return the Dining Hall to its original state.
Is alcohol permitted on site?
Yes. You will need to obtain a one day liquor license from Anne Arundel County, hire a licensed bartender, and be in possession of a liquor license. You will also need to name Camp Letts as additionally insured for up to $1,000,000 on your Certificate of Liability. Please Note; as a YMCA employee, we are not permitted to serve, store, or transport alcohol. All alcohol must be removed from the premises at the conclusion of your event.
Do I need to obtain a Certificate of Liability for my event?
Yes, every group must provide a Certificate of Insurance protecting YMCA Camp Letts from any and all liability arising from use of the facility for the amount of $1,000,000 per incident. This must be provided at least two weeks before your group’s arrival to camp. If alcohol is being served, YMCA Camp Letts must be listed as additionally insured on the Certificate of Liability.
Can we hang decorations/lights?
Yes. You will need to provide your own ladder, extension cords, power strips. Guests may not put any nails/staples/hooks up. You may use existing nails/hooks or other non-damaging methods of securing decorations. You may use candles on the tables but they must be enclosed in some way. Enclosures may include, but are not limited to, a votive holder, hurricane, glass globe, and lantern. No open flames are permitted.
What time can we begin setting up and decorating the venue?
The Dining Hall will be available beginning at 11:00 am on the day of your event. We ask that all decorations be removed by 11:00am. Please know that the venue rental provides exclusive use for one day only. Camp Letts does not have the capacity to store rental items and decorations prior to your event day.