Spend your summer at YMCA Camp Letts! We offer a rewarding experience transforming the lives of children while enjoying our beautiful waterfront camp and making a highly competitive salary.
Boasting a staff from a variety of backgrounds, Camp Letts strongly believes in diversity and the idea that everyone has something of value to share at camp. Caring, honesty, respect and responsibility — the YMCA’s cornerstone character values — are modeled by staff members who are chosen for their maturity, skill, and ability to lead and inspire youth.
As a Counselor, you will be responsible for creating a fun and safe experience for everyone involved. Your days will be spent leading campers through activities like archery, standup paddle boarding, kayaking, zip lining, sports, arts & crafts, and much more!
Counselors must be able to attend staff training June 7th-June 18th. Camp runs June 20th– August 13th.
Overnight Camp Counselors
- Each counselor with have a co-counselor and together, be responsible for up to 12 campers. Cabins are divided based on the camper’s age and gender. Campers’ ages range from 6-16 years old.
- First year overnight camp counselors are paid $1,000/week. Housing and meals are included!
- Counselors live in the cabin with the campers. The bunk-style cabins at Camp Letts have electricity, bathrooms, and showers.
- A typical week of work at camp runs Sunday at 11am – Friday at 6pm, with two nights off per week, 9pm-12pm.
- For staff traveling by plane, transportation to and from the airport is available (BWI airport is preferred).
Day Camp Counselors
- Day camp counselors work Monday-Friday 8:15am-5:45pm.
- First year day camp counselors are paid $15/hour. Housing and meals are not provided for day camp counselors.
- Day campers’ ages range from 6-13 years old. They are divided into groups of 13 campers based upon age.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Must be at least 18 years old by June 7, 2021.
- Experience working with children ages 6-16.
- Enjoys the outdoors, being active, and playing with kids.
- Able to model the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Should be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds and be physically active all day.
- Must be able to obtain certification in First Aid/CPR during staff training.
- Must have received the COVID-19 vaccine before June 7, 2021.
If you have the determination and commitment to make a real difference, YMCA Camp Letts can give you the opportunity to do it! Please send your completed Employment Application and resume to [email protected].
Please email [email protected] with any questions about Summer Camp positions. Or give us a call. (410)919-1400