Making Camp Affordable
Summer camp is part of the fabric of childhood itself. It shapes self-confidence, character, education, independence, social skills and more. YMCA Camp Letts would like to help make this experience possible for all children. Here are some suggestions:
- Camper Scholarships – Scholarships to attend Camp are available on the basis of financial need. If you are in need of financial assistance, please complete 2022 Financial Assistance Letter Applications must be received before January 31st, 2022 and must be sent with all components. Scholarships are made possible by generous donations to the YMCA’s Caring for Community fund.
- Flexible Payment Plans – We will work with you to create a manageable payment plan that is right for your family.
- Tax Refund – There is no better way to use that money than to invest it in your children!
- Birthday and Christmas Gifts – Ask others for the gift of camp.
You can also help your camper raise money on his/her own! It’s a great way to teach them money management and get them invested in the future. Here are some ways they can fundraise:
- Hold a neighborhood car wash
- Bake sale at sporting events, shopping centers or your block
- Provide pet services (pets need walking, washing, sitting and even training!)
- Make and sell crafts such as jewelry or decorative candles
- Babysit smaller children if they’re at least 11 years old
- Do yard or house work for neighbors or the elderly
- Take their gently-used clothing to a consignment shop
- Try tutoring or being a class helper
- Be creative!