Services & Activities
Camp Letts offers the most unique, engaging and fun activities for your retreat! When you book your stay, our staff will gladly help you plan the perfect activity schedule for your event. Whether you are looking for a day of team building or recreational activities for students of all ages, Camp Letts can provide every experience.
- Archery – Learn the basic skills of one of the world’s oldest sports: archery! Our staff will instruct you in the basic skills, and you can then practice and improve your aim by shooting at targets with your bow and arrow. Archery costs $100 for an 1.5 hour session, with a maximum of 15 guests.
- Zip Line – Soar down our 250 foot zip line through our scenic woodlands! This is a safe and thrilling way to enjoy the beauty of nature. Zip line costs $200 for a 1.5 hour session, with a maximum of 20 guests.
- Paintball - Located within the natural setting of Camp Letts, our paintball course puts your teamwork and strategic thinking to the test. We provide safety gear, equipment and paintballs. We recommend that you bring long sleeves, pants and tennis shoes. Trained staff will give a safety preparation talk and will oversee a variety of paintball games. Our course is updated seasonally to provide new adventures every year! Paintballing costs $30 per person for a 1.5 hour session, with a maximum of 16 guests.
- Fishing & Crabbing – Take in a little exercise, sunshine and fresh air while discovering the treasures of the Chesapeake Bay! These activities cost $25 for 1.5 hour session, with a maximum of 12 guests. A fishing license is required by law for persons ages 16 and up, and must comply with DNR regulations.
- Hiking Trail & Fitness Loop – Our hiking trail holds the allure of nature. There are several spots that bring beautiful views of the water and woodlands. At these stops, you can clear your mind of everyday clutter and allow for peaceful downtime to refresh your spirit. The Fitness Loop offers Workout Stations along the trail with a variety of exercises at different degrees of difficulty.
- Swimming Pool – Our 25-meter outdoor pool is open Memorial Day through Labor Day with certified lifeguards overseeing your safety. Enjoy the pool for $200 for an 1.5 hour session, with a maximum of 100 guests.
- Tie Dye T-Shirts – Take home a handmade souvenir, designed with your own creativity! This is the perfect momento for a Camp Letts experience. Tie dying costs $10 per person for a 30 minute session.
- Campfires – With 4 sites of varying sizes throughout camp, there is a spot for everyone around the fire. Add s’mores for an authentic experience! We’ll set the fire with our firewood for $25 or you can embark on an adventure and collect your own wood at no cost.
- Games with Horses – Horses are social creatures, just like us, so make the horses at our Equestrian Center part of your team and come have some fun! Games with Horses can be played with teams of 2 to 4 guests per horse and can be customized to each group’s horse-handling experience level. Teams can groom and tack their horses for points, negotiate mazes and other obstacles, complete mounted and unmounted tasks, and even experience bareback and bridleless riding, depending on the guests’ levels of experience. This activity costs $300 for a 1 hour session, with a maximum of 20 participants.
- Communication and Leadership Participation with Horses – Like humans, horses are gregarious creatures who like living in social groups. Unlike us, however, they do not have spoken language so they must rely on subtle diplomacy and body communication in order to achieve peaceful relationships and order in their cohabitation. Do humans project disapproval, conformity, happiness, aggression with one look? With one gesture? We do, and many times we don’t even realize what our bodies are communicating! Horses are attuned to our and nature’s every movement and connecting with them, we can become better leaders, better members of our group, and better humans. In this 60-minute program, participants will learn the basics of animal behavior and communication that we all share, and will be able to interact with a horse to ask him to approach or recede, or to perform different movements all based on positive communication patterns. This activity can accommodate 4 participants and an unlimited number of auditors that observe the activity and participate in questions and answers. Please let us know if you need the session customized to any specific communication/behavior areas of interest. This activity costs $200 for a 1 hour session, with a maximum of 4 participants, unlimited auditors.
- Communication and Leadership Demonstration with Horses - This 60-minute program is very much like the Communication and Leadership Participation with Horses activity above, but allows groups that prefer a demonstration with limited to no hands-on participation, to witness equine communication and leadership skills and participate in questions and answers. Please let us know if you need the session customized to any specific communication/behavior areas of interest. This activity costs $100 for a 1 hour session, with an unlimited amount of auditors.
- Equine Encounter – Horses are sentient beings, with thoughts and feelings of their own. Riding horses is fun but it must be introduced safely in order to ensure connection and understanding, positive experiences and hopefully, a life-long love of horses! A safe equine encounter should be the foundation for any riding, even if only for the occasional trail ride. In this 60-minute program, groups of 1 to 6 participants will be able to learn about basic equine behavior and anatomy, basic leading, basic tack and its uses, and how to safely mount, dismount and direct a horse around a ring. Auditing is also welcome for those who wish to observe and learn, but not participate in horse-handling. This program will provide a safe, positive experience that can be repeated/advanced/customized as needed depending on each group’s schedule, availability and length of stay at Camp Letts. This activity costs $300 for a 1 hour session, with a maximum of 6 participants.
- Canoeing – Rent up to 20 canoes and paddles and explore Rhode River, Flat Island, wildlife, meditation and exhilaration. Rental includes a brief paddling and safety instruction. You’re always in safe hands as there is always a safety boat patrolling while canoers are out on the water. Canoeing costs $150 for a 1.5 hour session.
- Sea Sledding – For guests who have a need for speed, our 8 person inflatable sea sled is just what you’re looking for! Our sea sled is pulled behind a staffed ski boat, and is perfect for parties, school group and picnics. This costs $300 for a 1.5 hour session, with a maximum of 36 riders per session and 12 per ride.
- Predator Prey – In this fun twist of tag, you will become the predator or prey! Learn about local wildlife in this stealth game. This activity costs $100 for a 1.5 hour session, and can include up to 32 guests.
- YMCA Camp Letts also has three beautiful tennis courts, a lighted basketball court and a beach-sand volleyball pit! You can also get together for a friendly game of soccer, softball, football or frisbee on our large, scenic athletic field. All of these activities are free of charge!