Making Camp Affordable
Summer camp is part of the fabric of childhood itself. It shapes self-confidence, character, education, independence, social skills and more. YMCA Camp Letts would like to help make this experience possible for all children. Here are some suggestions:
- Camper Scholarships - Scholarships to attend Camp are available on the basis of financial need. To apply, please call 410-919-1410.
- Flexible Payment Plans - We will work with you to create a manageable payment plan that is right for your family.
- Tax Refund - There is no better way to use that money than to invest it in your children!
- Birthday and Christmas Gifts - Ask others for the gift of camp.
You can also help your camper raise money on his/ her own! It’s a great way to teach them money management and get them invested in the future. Here are some ways they can fundraise:
- Hold a neighborhood car wash
- Bake sale at sporting events, shopping centers or your block
- Provide pet services (pets need walking, washing, sitting and even training!)
- Make and sell crafts such as jewelry or decorative candles
- Babysit smaller children if they’re at least 11 years old
- Do yard or house work for neighbors or the elderly
- Take their gently-used clothing to a consignment shop
- Try tutoring or being a class helper
- Be creative!