Adventure Starts Here
A summer at YMCA Camp Letts is an opportunity to unplug and discover the world around you.Days are filled with fun land and water activities led by our diverse and caring counselors. At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of getting outdoors, making new friends, and building character.
- ARCHERY – Calling all Katniss, Legolas and Robin Hood fans! Under the guidance of USA Archery certified instructors, campers can sign up for archery every day at the range or just visit for a one hour introduction lesson with their cabin. Lessons focus not only on form and shooting, but on critical skills of archery such as bow maintenance and tuning.
- ZIP LINE – There is nothing more exciting than soaring through the trees! Our 250-foot zip line is sure to get your heart racing.
- ROPES COURSE – See the world from a new perspective – 35 feet in the air! Our ropes course, for campers ages 11-16, will help you step out of your comfort zone and on to our 13 element course. Our skilled instructors will work with you to overcome challenges you never even thought possible.
- PAINTBALL – Paintball is a thrilling, action-packed experience! Each three-hour session, for ages 11-16, begins with a clinic before you divide into teams and play one of our many themed games. Our program focuses on individual and team tactics, problem solving, group communication and having a great time. We provide paintball markers, protective masks and the paint. Our games are guaranteed to get your adrenaline pumping!
- OTHER ACTIVITIES – Enjoy Arts & Crafts, Basketball, Creative Writing, Camp Fire Cooking, Drama, Equestrian, Hiking, Volleyball, Soccer, Yoga, Zumba, Dance, Fort Building, Team Games, Gaga Ball, Street Hockey, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee and more!
- SEA SLED – Race across the water on one of our giant sea sleds! Each cabin will get to experience the thrill of being pulled by one of our ski boats.
- CANOE & KAYAK – Launch onto the Rhode River for adventure and exploration. From Monster Island to Bear Neck Creek and Flat Island to Muddy Creek, there’s an abundance of islands and inlets to discover. Learn the skills of paddling, take part in capsize drills and perform a textbook t-rescue – or just join our experienced instructors for an afternoon trip around our beautiful peninsula. The adventure is up to you!
- WATER SKI & WAKE BOARD – Slap on your board or skis, and get ready for some fun on the water! Whether it’s your first time or you’re a freestyle pro, our experienced staff will guide you on this exhilarating experience. Our program concentrates on individual skill progression and a true belief that anyone can learn how to ski! For campers ages 8-16 – click here for pricing.
- SAILING - Get a taste of the open water in our various levels of sailing offerings. From Introduction to Sailing to Sailing 1, 2, and 3, anyone can experience the thrill of the wind catching a sail just right. For campers ages 8-16 – click here for pricing.
- SWIMMING - Everyone will get a chance to swim in our 25 meter, 6 lane pool at least once throughout the week. Overnight Campers can sign up for more swim periods while Day Camp swims every day.
- STAND UP PADDLE BOARDING - New this year! Our older campers in Ensign and Commodore will be able to partake in our newest waterfront activity.
- LEADERS IN TRAINING (LIT) PROGRAM (Age 16/Finished Sophomore Year of High School) – Are you ready to become a camp leader? Join our leadership training staff for 2 weeks of leadership development with all the fun of Camp. Through progressive lessons that center on leadership, you will use activities such as group discussion, team development, and practical exercises to explore and develop your new skills. You will also complete tasks on problem-solving, communication, program planning and conflict resolution, all while still enjoying a camper experience. During this time you will have additional opportunities to participate in fun and challenging team building activities which facilitate the development of a strong, cohesive group of lifelong friends.
- COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (CIT) PROGRAM (Age 17/Finished Junior Year of High School) – Our Counselor in Training (CIT) program just keeps getting better. At Camp Letts CIT’s are enrolled in a four week, intensive residential program. The first two weeks you will go through training similar to our full-time staff. Classroom and practical lessons will help you understand how Camp Letts is able to create a memorable experience for every camper. This experience of a lifetime results in friendships you’ll treasure forever! During your time with us, you’ll become part of the camper-centered community that is Camp Letts, learning just how we make the experience special for each kid. Through regular training sessions, we will assist with the development of practical skills that will transfer to a host of future roles, from daily life through college to positions of employment. Under the guidance of our dedicated leadership training staff, CITs will be exposed to a range of scenarios that will prepare you to be a senior camper with leadership responsibilities. Specific areas of attention include creating positive first impressions, the cultivation of friendships, customer service and the role of the counselor in assisting campers develop independence. Successful participants in the CIT program are actively encouraged to apply as staff the following summer.