Adventure Starts Here
A summer at YMCA Camp Letts is an opportunity to unplug and discover the world around you.Days are filled with fun land and water activities led by our diverse and caring counselors. At the Y, it’s not about the activity you choose as much as it is about the benefits of getting outdoors, making new friends, and building character.
- ARCHERY – Calling all Katniss, Legolas and Robin Hood fans! Under the guidance of USA Archery certified instructors, campers can sign up for archery every day at the range or just visit for a one hour introduction lesson with their cabin. Lessons focus not only on form and shooting, but on critical skills of archery such as bow maintenance and tuning.
- ZIP LINE – There is nothing more exciting than soaring through the trees! Our 250-foot zip line is sure to get your heart racing.
- ROPES COURSE – See the world from a new perspective – 35 feet in the air! Our ropes course, for campers ages 11-16, will help you step out of your comfort zone and on to our 13 element course. Our skilled instructors will work with you to overcome challenges you never even thought possible.
- PAINTBALL – Paintball is a thrilling, action-packed experience! Each three-hour session, for ages 11-16, begins with a clinic before you divide into teams and play one of our many themed games. Our program focuses on individual and team tactics, problem solving, group communication and having a great time. We provide paintball markers, protective masks and the paint. Our games are guaranteed to get your adrenaline pumping!
- OTHER ACTIVITIES – Enjoy Archery, Arts & Crafts, Basketball, Creative Writing, Cricket, Campfires, Drama, Ecology, Equestrian, High Adventure Course, Hiking, Lacrosse, Rugby, Volleyball, Soccer, Softball, Gaga Ball, Street Hockey, Tennis, Ultimate Frisbee and more!
- SEA SLED – Race across the water on one of our giant sea sleds! Each cabin will get to experience the thrill of being pulled by one of our ski boats.
- CANOE & KAYAK – Launch onto the Rhode River for adventure and exploration. From Monster Island to Bear Neck Creek and Flat Island to Muddy Creek, there’s an abundance of islands and inlets to discover. Learn the skills of paddling, take part in capsize drills and perform a textbook t-rescue – or just join our experienced instructors for an afternoon trip around our beautiful peninsula. The adventure is up to you!
- WATER SKI & WAKE BOARD – Slap on your board or skis, and get ready for some fun on the water! Whether it’s your first time or you’re a freestyle pro, our experienced staff will guide you on this exhilarating experience. Our program concentrates on individual skill progression and a true belief that anyone can learn how to ski! For campers ages 8-16 – click here for pricing.
- OTHER ACTIVITIES – You can also get your feet wet at Camp Letts with Banana Boat Rides and Sailing on the open water or Swimming in our 25-meter outdoor pool!
- LEADERS IN TRAINING (LIT) PROGRAM (Age 16) – Are you ready to uncover the natural leader within? Join our Training Director for 2 weeks of leadership development and all the fun of a full camper experience! Through practical exercises and progressive lessons, you will use activities such as group discussion and role-playing to explore their leadership. Complete tasks on problem-solving, communication, program planning, public speaking and conflict resolution — all while building a strong group of lifelong friends.
- COUNSELOR IN TRAINING (CIT) PROGRAM (Age 17) – During your time at camp, you will become part of a camper-centered community, learning just how we make camp special for each kid. You will develop practical skills that will transfer to a host of future experiences, from college to a career. Under the guidance of our Training Director, CiTs will train to take an assistant counselor role in a cabin during their stay. Specific skill sessions include positive first impressions, the role of counselors in cultivating friendships and helping campers develop independence in the supportive setting that only Camp provides. During the final week, CiTs will become certified in either Maryland Safe Boating or as an American Red Cross lifeguard. We also offer sailing, water skiing, paintball, arts and crafts, high ropes and equestrian instructor training.