Wow, I can’t believe it’s already May and camp is only a month and a half away!
We’ve been working hard this fall, winter, and spring to make sure we are ready for your campers when they arrive. Here are some quick updates for this summer:
- New activities: We’ve got a couple of tricks up our sleeves for this summer with new activities being offered for the first time. Commodore and ensign have some exclusive activities including stand up paddle boarding, wood burning, and camping. We also have new activities such as a ninja course and new elements added to our team development course.
- No more health history forms from doctors: Save yourself the time and hassle of going to the doctor! The state of Maryland changed its requirements and camp no longer needs a health history exam signed by a doctor. Now, we only need a doctor’s signature if your camper will be taking medication while at camp.
- Camp Upgrades: As you drive into camp now you may see we’ve had some big upgrades to our signs to help navigating around camp easier. Some of our cabins have also been upgraded with repainted bunks and new floors! We have also added another archery range and new picnic tables to our picnic grove and day camp area.
- New Chef: After 16 plus years in food service management and 23 years in the US Navy we would like to introduce Greg Harris. He has an AAS degree in food service management for Johnson and Wales University and certificate in healthy cuisine from the Culinary Institute of America. He has brought some amazing food and helped transform the Dining Hall at Camp and we can’t be more excited that he has joined us.
- Camper paperwork online: As you probably have noticed we are in the third year of our online collection of camper paperwork/information. There are still some kinks to be worked out so if you experience any problems please let us know.
Join us on June 9th from 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm for our Camp Day before camp officially begins. All of our summer camp staff will be at camp, we’ll have lots of camp activities like zip lining, canoeing, kayaking, archery, and more, we’ll even have s’mores for roasting. You can join us for a tour of camp and ask any questions you may have. Even if you have already joined us for an Open House this year, join us again!
This is the first of some weekly informational emails to be sent out before camp begins on June 16th so keep an eye out! In the meantime, please let us know if we can assist with anything as your camper prepares to create their own adventure this summer.
There plenty s’more to come!